CELDT Coordinator Resources
Below are links to helpful resources available to CELDT District and Site Coordinators.
Superintendent’s Designation of CELDT District Coordinator Form (SDF)
An SDF must be completed and signed by the district superintendent each year and sent to Educational Data Systems. Submit a new form each time the coordinator changes, or the contact information for the current coordinator changes. This form is available through the District Portal. Contact the CELDT Customer Support Center if the District Portal cannot be accessed.
CELDT District and Test Site Coordinator’s Manual
This comprehensive manual contains instructions and information for CELDT District and Test Site Coordinators, including general testing information, important dates and deadlines, processes, and procedures for packing and shipping test materials to Educational Data Systems. The Test Security Agreement for District and Site Coordinators and the Test Security Affidavit for Examiners and Proctors forms are included in this document.
The main CELDT Web site is a non-secure informational hub containing:
- CELDT calendar of events
- Training schedules, workshop listings, and registration information
- A frequently asked questions (FAQ) archive
- Interpretation materials in English and other languages
- An archive for downloadable, non-secure documents, forms, and data file layouts
- Contact information for Educational Data Systems, the CELDT Customer Support Center, and the California Department of Education (CDE)
- Training presentations and videos with basic facts about the CELDT, and CDE policies and regulations
The secure District Portal is a password-protected area of the CELDT Web site for CELDT District Coordinators only. Log on with the 5-digit district code and 4-digit charter school code (for independent charter schools only) and a secure password. Passwords are provided upon receipt of the SDF and become effective on July 1 of each year.
The District Portal provides the following services:
- SDF—Used to designate a CELDT District Coordinator and to access the District Portal.
- Order Management—Place Initial and Additional Orders for test materials as needed throughout the year. The Initial Ordering Window is open in March of each year.
- Pre-ID Management—Upload Pre-ID data files and correct demographic errors online. Submit files to print adhesive Pre-ID labels to place on Answer Books. This fee-based service is available from approximately June to October each year for the Annual Assessment Window. This service is available year-round for the Initial Assessment Window.
- Request a Pickup—Request a pickup of scorable test materials, once each administration month, as needed, throughout the year. Also use this service to request a pickup of secure materials for destruction or to indicate local destruction at the end of each school year.
- Data Review Module (DRM)—Correct student demographic data for student Answer Books submitted during the Annual Assessment Window via this online correction system. Available approximately February to March of each year.
- Student Score Files—Download monthly Student Score Files, summary files, and Post-DRM files.
Scoring Training of Trainers (STOT)
State-sponsored workshops are held each year to provide districts with information related to the administration and scoring of the CELDT. All districts are allotted at least one space for a staff member to attend. STOT participants return to their districts and train test examiners to reliably administer the CELDT.
CDE CELDT Web Site
CDE California English Language Development Test
CDE CELDT Resources
This Web site provides a variety of important documents, forms, and links, including:
- English Language Proficiency Assessments Office Program Notes
- Administrative documents and forms
- Frequently asked questions
- Electronic reports for annual and initial assessment summary results
- Assistance packets for understanding, using, and explaining individual and summary results
- Testing Variations, Accommodations and Modifications matrix
- Planning for students with disabilities
- Score Request Form (to request scores from a student’s previous district)
This online "calculator" allows local examiners and scorers to easily calculate student scale scores and performance levels in an electronic format prior to submitting Answer Books to the CELDT contractor for official scoring.
To improve the accuracy of student demographic information and to increase efficiency in preparing scorable Answer Books for testing, Educational Data Systems offers a fee-based service to produce Pre-ID labels. The Pre-ID Services Web site provides a description of services and prices, as well as the Pre-ID Data File Layout, which provides details on how to format files for upload.